Sunday 2 February 2014

Spot The Difference

Apostle Paul lamented that some preach the gospel not with the right motive 'but', said he 'to add sorrow to my chains' Nevertheless as the true evangelist he was, he rejoiced that at least Christ was being preached (See Philipians1:16-18). So here, we see that there are DIFFERENT approaches and motivations for preaching the gospel! Well, spot the difference!
The one who preaches from the standpoint of Jonah in Nineveh! 'Repent or you perish!' When a cold response greets his warnings he sighs in relief ‘Go on ahead and live in your sin. Have a nice time in hell. Farewell!' Continue...
Many are excited over a very disturbing 'so-called' vision from a sister Linda or Brother so-and-so that claims that three-quarter or more of the Church is hell-bound! 'Let them burn if they are not like us!' Like Jonah they will be relieved if Nineveh gets ploughed by Divine wrath. I hear them mutter 'Finally! I thought judgement would never come! Get 'em Lord!' They seem to forget that the death of a sinner adds no joy to the Lord! Well, at least they are preaching and if Nineveh was saved by Jonah's 'loveless' warning so will millions today be saved I pray.

But journey with me I pray thee to my closet. I too am a preacher. I too warn men. I too hate sin fervently and more so, when I call on sinners, every cell of my heart quivers with love! When my sermons are coldly received, I die a thousand deaths! Like Jesus, I have wept many a tear over 'Jerusalem' as I always meditate on the terrible irreversibility of eternal judgement in hell. My heart palpitates with anxiety! TIME IS RUNNING OUT! We have only one lifetime to reach out to 7 billion souls!

I wish you were with me in Pastor David Ogbueli's meeting in Enugu in 2006. He spoke about hell and showed a documentary. I heard scientifically recorded lamentations of people tormented in hell. I wept sore! I thought 'maybe someone I could have helped is in there tormented!' I still weep over this often. Help me o Lord to rescue men from that horrible insatiable and merciless flame!

I wish you were with me in a Daniel King conference for evangelists with Evangelist Edward Metiko in Ede Osun state. There was a session on 'The State of the Harvest!' I wept throughout that sermon. Visuals were shown of all the mind-rending evil of our day. I was slain with grief to learn that the dearest brother that wrote 'I swear allegiance to the Lord with all my heart with all my soul. I will obey His command. I swear allegiance to the Lord', is now a homosexual! I weep because of God's love oozing out from every crevice of my heart! When I pray daily, I sob out my prayers 'Lord, use me to reach just one more soul for the Jesus! Just one more soul!' I am sobbing tears as I write this blog. How do you read this and remain indifferent?

 
Yes! You may like this post or even drop a comment but what are you doing for lost souls? Paul said 'Woe is me if I preach not the gospel!' If Goodluck Jonathan, news on Barrack Obama or mundane inconsequential football matches is all in your heart, you are in Jonah's boat but Jesus is One greater than Jonah and I am born after Him.

T.L Osborn had every right to quit after trying fruitlessly for an entire year to reach India for Christ. He’ recoursed’ to long fasting, meditation and prayer until he found God! Please do not just sit back there and hola 'Tell them Eric!"  DO SOMETHING! I tearfully beg you to! Any time I pass by a buzzing brothel or a jammed bar or pealing club jamz whether in Enugu, Awka, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Benin City...I always prophesy with faith and tears 'Bars will be emptied out in Jesus name!' 600 million souls. Be part of the change. Be the change.

Can you spot the difference? Jesus rebuked John and James when they asked Him to rain fire on Samaria for not receiving Him. 'Do the Elijah trick Lord! Burn down this wicked city'. Jesus REBUKED them with these telling words 'You know not what manner of spirit YE ARE OF! For the Son of Man is not come to destroy men's lives but to save them' (Luke9:5e-56).

Evangelist Eric Katchy
Lagos
NIGERIA

No comments:

Post a Comment