Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Movement OR A Monument!



I can't tell you how sad I am that Steve Hill passed onto glory at about 60 years of age just yesterday. Continue...



Steve Hill














Steve Hill was one of the great Revivalists of our time who started the Brownville Revival, Pensacola, Florida USA from which Evangelist Daniel Kolenda of CfaN emerged 

Daniel Kolenda

Rev. Hill was a great revivalist and soul winner and he stayed true till the very end. Great evangelists of our day like Reinhard Bonnke and Benny Hinn have spoken glowingly of this general of Christ.

I recently read an article that questions whether God is same today as in the yesteryears. I was inspired to write this article from reading that article. The Church is losing tonnes of her greatest preachers. R.W Schambach went to glory two years ago. R.W Schambach was once in a Muslim dominated African country where his crusade was broadcast live nationally. He saw a young man using sign language to interpret his characteristically spell-binding sermon to the deaf-mutes. He was to find out there were 17 deaf-mutes in the congregation and he proceeded to pray for them all right on national television. They ALL were healed! Pandemonium broke lose afterwards and hundreds of thousands got saved as a result!



When folks like that go to glory (I don't care how old they are) we feel the pains of our loss! Same is true of Prophet Kobus of South African who passed on over two months ago. He grew limbs for fun! He had cripples healed by the thousands. His loss was deeply felt! 

Prophet Kobus
But our tears are needless. The spirit of Elijah always locates Elishas. 'My father my father! The chariot of Israel and the horsemen thereof' cried the protege (Elisha) but his next cry 'Where is the God of Elijah' was to pave the way for his manifestation! The Christian faith is a movement not a monument!

There are greater than Kenneth Hagins, T.L Osborns, R.W. Schambachs, Prophet Kobuses, Steve Hills, etc and they are reading this blog. I got a testimony this January concerning a brother I prayed for. He'd been married for up to 5 years without a child and his wife is now pregnant  after prayer! How we need more of that!

I never get thrilled about going to Rome or Israel to view Christian monuments and relics! God is still doing wonders today so why do we need to wish we were there when Lazarus came out from the grave? Jesus says 'even greater works!'John14:12

In Benin City, my friend Apostle Light Nwokolo had a town hall crusade this January where all sorts of miracles erupted and even the blind saw! Just a few weeks later, I was with another friend Apostle Frank Umeh in Port Harcourt. You all know what happened there! Cancers were healed, missing testes were miraculously restored, insanity was eroded, deafness, dumbness and all kinds of healing! Simultaneously another acquaintance and colleague Pastor Festus Aliyu was in Kogi state preaching to capacity crowds and seeing unbelievable miracles! It all got me thinking!

Jesus is manifesting Himself! All these names I mentioned are young and upcoming ministers and they are already plundering hell. I am also in that number! if you ever imagined where Jesus went, wonder no more! Jesus is right here with us. I see Him at work in my life and ministry and watch out! He is set to do wonderful things again!

I have no qualms with monuments. Even God asked for them to be erected as a memorial but I prefer movements! God is moving today! Glory!
Look out, new generation of leaders are emerging in the church.

God spoke through me a good many years ago when I was praying with a dear brother and minister friend. He said all the generals of today-Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Hinn, Bonnke, Cho,  Oyakhilome, Browne, etc will be like seeds compared to what our manifestation will be like. For instance, I am thoroughly convinced that I will see 10 million souls saved in a single night campaign! Glory!

Rejoice not over the former things, behold! He is doing a new thing! Quit wondering at the great monuments, get on into the movement!

Evangelist Eric Katchy
Awka, Nigeria


No comments:

Post a Comment